Who should be a member?
Any person who:
- manufactures oils, oil filters or glycols (antifreezes) in the province of New Brunswick and sells, offers for sale or distributes the oils, oil filters or glycols (antifreezes) in the province of New Brunswick; or
- is the owner or licensee in the Province of New Brunswick of a registered or unregistered trademark under which oil, oil filters or glycol is sold, offered for sale or distributed in the Province of New Brunswick; or
- brings oil, oil filters or glycol into the Province of New Brunswick for sale or distribution; or
- brings oil, oil filters or glycol into the Province of New Brunswick for use in a commercial enterprise; or
- is a mandatary contributor that joins UOMA NB in accordance with their own internal Bylaws, or
- is any other natural or legal person designated and accepted by the Board of Directors and meeting all the conditions decreed by it.
EHC Applicable Products List OEM – Categories Summary
List of members
EHC OneWindow Online Remittance Form
If you need assistance in completing the online remittance form, do not hesitate to contact the EHC Support Team at EHCsupport@usedoilrecycling.ca and we will be happy to help you. It is important to read and follow the instructions. You can also refer to the User guide and the frequently asked questions documents.
Remitter User Guide
Frequently asked questions
* Member information is based on UOMA NB’s internal data. Any changes must be requested in writing prior to completing the online remittance.
Payment by Mail
204-248 Fréchette Blvd
Electronic payment via internet
Contact UOMA NB for more information
If you cannot open the attached file, please visit www.adobe.com to download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Become a member
Who is required to participate in the program?
The New Brunswick regulation requires all designated material brand owners (oils, oil filters, oil containers, glycol (antifreeze), glycol (antifreeze) containers and aerosol containers) who did not inform the Ministry of Environment and Local Government that they wish to submit their own program, must join a management association.
What documentation do I need to become a member of UOMA NB?
To become a member, UOMA NB requires the following documents:
a) your registration number from Recycle NB, (if you do not have a ID number, we recommend that you go on Recycle NB’s website by using the following link : https://register.recyclenb.com/
b) the membership application form
c) the membership agreement signed, dated and initialized on every page
d) a check of $ 200.00 plus all applicable taxes
UOMA NB will only register you as a member upon receipt of all of the above requirements. Your name will then appear on our website in our list of members.
Important notice: In accordance with the Article 3.6 of the membership agreement, the member agrees to remit the EHCs retroactively between January 01, 2014 and their registration date or between their registration date and the beginning of their sales if this date is after January 01, 2014. The maximum retroactive period for the calculation of the payment is seven (7) years from the registration date of the member to UOMA NB.
IT IS IMPERATIVE that you read the supplemental information sent to all members in compliance with the membership agreement. You will find this information in the Communiqués section of this website under “Members”.
How much is the Environmental Handling Charge (EHC)?
All members of UOMA NB have to pay an EHC based on sales volumes, as follows:
- $0.03 per litre of lubricating oils
- $0.12 per litre of capacity of containers of 50 litres or less for glycols (antifreezes) and lubricating oil
- $0.20 per litre of capacity of containers of 50 litres or less non-metal or non-HDPE for glycols (antifreezes) and lubricating oil
- $0.08 per litre of glycols (antifreezes) premix
- $0.12 per litre of glycols (antifreezes) concentrate
- $0.30 per filter of less than 8 inches or 203 mm. (in length)
- $0.80 per filter of 8 inches or 203 mm. (in length) and mor
- $0.30 per sump type automatic transmission filter
- $0.25 per spray lubricant container (aerosol)
EHCs are payable to UOMA NB on a quarterly basis, within 30 days of the end of each quarter.