Processors Role

A processor is a business registered with UOMA NB to process products governed by the Regulation.

Processing means an activity for reuse, recycling, including biological treatment, any other operation whereby residual materials are processed for use as substitutes for raw materials, and energy recovery recognized by the Department of the Environment and Local Government, or any other activity authorized by the Department of the Environment and Local Government that involves cleaning, decontaminating or declassifying products as hazardous residual materials. Bulking, shredding and bundling are not considered processing activities.

List of processors

  • OilsOils
  • FiltersFilters
  • Antifreeze (glycol)Antifreeze (glycol)
  • Aerosol containersAerosol containers
  • Plastic containers (oil, antigel/glycol, DEF)Plastic containers (oil, antigel/glycol, DEF)
  • CleanEarth Industrial Services 203 Aerotech Drive, Enfield, NS, B2T 1K3
  • Construction DJL Inc. 1550 rue Ampère, Boucherville, QC, J4T 2S2
  • GFL Environmental Services Inc. 45 Galloway Street, Moncton, NB, E1H 2J5
    OilsFiltersAerosol containers
  • GFL Environmental Services Inc. 17 Jones Court, Sussex, NB, E4E 2S2
    OilsFiltersAntifreeze (glycol)Aerosol containers
  • GFL Environmental Services Inc. 660 MacElmon Rd, Debert, NS, B0M 1G0
  • Raffineries de Napierville Inc. 175 De l'Église St., Napierville, QC, J0J 1L0
    Antifreeze (glycol)
  • RPM Eco 50 Marius Warnet, Blainville, QC, J7C 5P9
    Plastic containers (oil, antigel/glycol, DEF)
  • Safety-Kleen Canada Inc. 300 Woolwich St. South, Breslau, ON, N0B 1N0
  • Sintra Inc. 105 rue L.P. Lebrun, Rivière-du-Loup, QC, G5R 4C3
  • Veolia ES Canada Services Industriels inc. 1705, 3e avenue, Montréal, QC, H1B 5M9
    OilsFiltersAntifreeze (glycol)

Register as a processor

What documentation do I need to complete in order to register as a UOMA NB processor?

It is important to read through the collectors and processors manual to fully understand the program.

To register as a UOMA NB processor, you must send the following items to UOMA NB:

a) the processor registration application form and all of the documents outlined therein
b) the processors agreement, signed, dated and initialized on every page

UOMA NB will examine the documents received and if all is in order, UOMA NB will send to the registrant their registration certificate along with a copy of their processors agreement signed by UOMA NB. All processors are displayed on UOMA NB’s website.

IT IS IMPERATIVE that ou read the supplemental information sent to all processors in compliance with the processors agreement.  You will find this information in the Communiqués section of this website under “PROCESSORS”.

What documentation do I need to complete in order to register with UOMA NB as an internal collector-processor?

In the case of a registration for an internal collector-processor, UOMA NB requires all of the documents required for a collector registration AND all those for the processor registration.

UOMA NB will examine the documents and if all is in order, UOMA NB will forward the registration certificate to the registrant along with a copy of the agreements (collectors and processors) signed by UOMA NB.

Internal collector-processors do not appear on UOMA NB’S website.

Annual renewal

Which documents are you required to complete to renew your registration as a UOMA NB processor?

In order to renew your registration as a UOMA NB processor, you must:

  • Complete the processor registration renewal form, to which must be attached PDF copies of your permits/certificates issued by the ministry (or any other local government authority that applies) and a proof of civil insurance for the current year for each of your installations;

If everything is compliant, the applicant will receive their registration certificate via email. The latter will be valid for a year, from January 1st to December 31st.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to read the Communiqués in the PROCESSORS section, those communiqués have already been sent to all processors, they are additional information to the content found in the processors agreement.